Thursday 23 October 2014

Bob's Diwali Birthday

Happy Diwali to everyone.  This is my nail party!!!!!  I am so honoured to share your manicures here today.  Thank you all for your hard work and kind comments.  Well done <3

I have ordered these manicures in alphabetical order of your first names and left my own comments above your manicure in italics  I hope you enjoy this post as much as I have.  Thanks again lovely lovely ladies (and gent).


Alps Nailart
"I designed this Henna nails for day 1 of Indian Festivity challenge 2014 – Karwa Chauth.
Karwa Chauth is an Indian Festival celebrated by Married Indian women. They fast on this day and pray to lord for well being and long life for their husband. This day is very auspicious for every Indian married women. They love to wear Indian traditional dress, apply henna (Mehndi), wear lot of traditional jewelery and accessories. Taking one of this Element – Henna as inspiration, I have designed today’s Indian nail art – Henna Nails.
Products Used:
Maybelline Glitter Mania – Red Carpet
Henna Nails water decal from Born Pretty store. (From Here.)
Seche Vite Top Coat"
http://www.alpsnailart.com/henna-nails-indian-nail-art-indian-festivity-challenge-alpsnailart/
http://instagram.com/alpsnailart

Thanks Alps so much for the entry, I hope you've had an amazing time during the festival, and I am so happy you sent the two gorgeous manicures to me.
Alps Nailart
http://www.alpsnailart.com/diwali-nail-art-indian-nail-art-feat-inglot-nail-enamel-bps-3d-nail-art-sticker-alpsnailart/
Alps Nailart



Amity Wilko
(my sister)

"Here is my Diwali manicure for your Birthday. Using Technic Carnival glitter on top of Essie Boat House. Have a very happy Birthday."
Thanks so much for this Amity, I just can't wait to see you tomorrow. xxxxXxxxxx  I love that glitter, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in real life <3
Amity Wilko

Diana van Nisselroy
"I've done a Diwali mani especially for you  :)  I love learning about other cultures.
(Today) is the Diwali Festival and it is also the birthday of the sweet Roberta over at Bob Plays with Polish. She asked on her blog and facebook if people wanted to join her Birthday Party and do a Diwali mani. I always love learning more about other cultures. So of course I also wanted to do a Diwali mani for her birthday.
Diwali also known as Deepavali and the "festival of lights", is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn every year.The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, and hope over despair."
http://dutch-diana.blogspot.nl/2014/10/diwali-festival-and-happy-b-day-bob.html
https://www.facebook.com/dutchdiana?fref=ts

Diana thank myou, this is incredible work.  The candles are amazing over that beautiful gold stamp.  And I am in awe of your base colour...I need to find out what it is!
Diana van Nisselroy

Crazy Polishes (Dimpal Rathore)
"My Diwali mani. Happy Bday Roberta
Today is Diwali, a very auspicious and most celebrated Indian festival. Diwali is also called "festival of lights" and is celebrated for victory of light over darkness, good over evil.  We also worship goddess lakshmi on this day and light up oil lamps to welcome goddess. Fireworks are also important part of the Diwali.  I remember the whole neighborhood gather outside their houses and burst firecrackers for hours. It was so much fun, this was the second best part which i use to love as kid, best part was getting gifts. Anyway, what i want to say is that, I love Diwali and miss celebrating it with family in India."
http://instagram.com/crazypolishes1

Wow Dimpal, I feel like I am actually in India, your manicure is so gorgeous,  you clever girl I love it.  Thank you.
Crazy Polishes


Elaine Lolly Oliver
"I had literally 15 minutes to myself, so I gathered everything, painted, stamped, and photographed straight away!!"
When I see this awesome mani, I  picture a story Elaine told me about her son and her cat trying to share a box!!!!!  I am so impressed you did this Elaine, and you used so many stamping techniques, well done and thanks so much. xxxXxxxx
Elaine Lolly Oliver
Nail Art Stamping Mania (Eleonora Palma)
"Hi Everyone!!!! Some days ago  I was invited from my friend Roberta Wilco to do for her birthday a manicure inspired by Diwali. Diwali is an ancient Hindu festival  also known as  the "festival of lights" celebrated in autumn every year. The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness. I think it's a lovely festival full of spirituality!!!
I simply applied a bright holo polish (F.U.N. Lacquer "Margarita Cocktail") that reminds the lights. I stamped paisley images  with VL-2 plate on thumb and ring finger and fireworks  with Konad m99 on index finger.   While,  on pinky and middle finger I applied some homemade decals that depict the Diwali. Finally I did a LeadLight using permanent markers. I conclude by wishing a happy birthday to my friend and a happy Diwali to all Indians!!! ♥"
https://www.facebook.com/Nailartstampingmania?hc_location=timeline

I am lost for words, this manicure is incredible, thank you lovely Eleonora, it means so much you shared this with me.
Eleonora Palma
Elisa Rush
"Happy Birthday, Roberta Wilko!
"The people who walk in darkness
Will see a great light;
Those who live in a dark land,
The light will shine on them." ~Isaiah 9:2
‪#‎bobsdiwalibirthday‬"
This is amazing Elisa, I can't get over how well you have combined so many colours.  And the dots you added just totally pop!!!!!  Thank you sweetie.
Elisa Rush
Emer Fleming
"Happy birthday 🎂 for today"

This manicure is just exquisite.  That holographic glitter combined with those amazing clean lines works wonderfully.  Thanks so much Emer.
Emer Fleming
Geneviève Raymond 
"Diwali mani in honor of Roberta Wilko: Happy Birthday, Roberta!"
http://instagram.com/vernimage

I am so so so impressed this this, it's so sophisticated,  thanks so much Geneviève for letting me share your beautiful work
Geneviève Raymond 
James Huntley
"Candles"

James, I didn't give you much time to do this, but the result is fantastic.  Those candle on your red tips are the cutest ever.  It's perfect, thank you.
James Huntley
Joey Helland
"Happy birthday"
My lovely Joey, gorgeous as usual,  the glitter gradient on your tips is so beautiful.  Those swirls are so sophisticated.  I love it thanks so much <3 
Joey Helland

Joshik_nailpride
"Hello guys. Here is my Diwali inspired nails. Last weekend we got invited to celebrate Diwali. Everything was very colorful and all the dances were enjoyable. I have always loved Indian food which is full of flavor and always delicious. "#Diwali. The festival celebrates the victory of good over evil, light over darkness and knowledge over ignorance, although the actual legends that go with the festival are different in different parts of India" Happy Sunday to you and yours ☺❤❤❤"

Simply stunning, I adore that combination of images, and your nails are soooo elegant, thank you for sharing with me Joshik.
Joshik

Joy Hezekiah
"Hi, Happy Birthday for the 23rd Polishes are all UK drugstore Rimmel, Collection & Barry M. Moyou Kaleidoscope 06 stamped with Gosh Holographic. This image looks like fireworks & mandelas to me."
My fellow Hereford stamper, Joy, this is a fantastic manicure.  You stamp so perfectly, and this has such a celebration feel to it.  Great job, thanks so much.
Joy Hezekiah

Kuchens Ingredients
"Nail Design: Diwali for Roberta
Hello dear readers :)
A few days ago I was "invited" to a "birthday party" for sweet BobPlaysWithPolish. She asked people to make a Diwali design and she would share it on her blog the 23th of October I thought this was such a great idea that I immediately wanted to participate."

http://kuchensingredients.blogspot.dk/2014/10/nail-design-diwali-for-roberta.html
http://instagram.com/kuchens_ingredients

Melt in your mouth gorgeousness!!!!  You have me inventing words I love this so much Kuchen <3  Those colours together, are just wow!!!!
Kuchens Ingredients



Mariana Linares
"I want to be the first one to say to you FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS"
http://instagram.com/stampingqueenblog

Yes, you were Mariana!!!!  I worked together with my amazing Mexican friend to complete this firework manicure for Diwali.  We had a lot of fun choosing this together <3 I look forward to more collaborations with you.  I will also show larger photos of this manicure in a following blog post here.
Mariana Linares


Mary Mich‎
"Happy birthday my lovely, hope you have a great day full of smiles and pleasant surprises... xx"

Swoon, this is so beautiful.  That peacock is to die for, and I am so intrigued about the Diwali lettering, I can't tell if it's a stamp or freehand.  Awesome manicure, thank you Mary.
Mary Mich‎


Marty Helen Whittle
"Happy Diwali Birthday Dear Roberta - this is for you. xx"
The most amazing combination of colours ever!!!! I love your manicure so much, thanks thanks thank you Marty.
Marty Helen Whittle

Michelle Chouinard 
"Happy Birthday darling!...#bobsdiwalibirthday!"

Wow, thanks Michelle, you used one of my favourite plates but I have never tried using the image like that  I love the caviar beads and gems, amazing manicure <3
Michelle Chouinard

Morticia Adams 
"Base done with gel in ASP Alluring Azure, Gelish Doo Wop, Fingerpaints Rococo Orange. Stamped with Moyou London Kaleidoscope 5 and 6. Stamping polish is MDU in Neon Pink, High Green, Turquoise and Yellow. Some hex glitter in purple and green."
These colours are making my mouth water.  You have such an awesome eye, I'd never have thought of using so much colour before, But I will try it now, Thanks so much Morticia.
Morticia Adams 

Nailfame Nailart
"I am super exited, because my favourite festival is knocking the door. Yes, It's Diwali Time. Diwali aka Dipawali is a festival of Lights, colors, blessings,hapiness,spirituallity,energy, forgiveness and New begining. This is the festival for every Indian...resident or non-resident, rich or poor. Everyone celebrates Diwali with full of Joy and Hapiness."


I am soo honoured you shared this incredible series with me Nailfame.  Your manicures are so inspiring. Thank you.
Nailfame Nailart
http://nailfame.blogspot.in/2014/10/dhan-teras-festival-of-wealth.html
Nailfame Nailart
http://nailfame.blogspot.in/2014/10/diwali-crackers.html
Nailfame Nailart

Nickynailslove
"Let the Peace Prevail. #diwali inspired nails with lots of firecrackers. I used @moyou_london Explorer21 and @bundlemonster H-14. Created the base on white nails with lots of colors. Sealed it with  #SecheVite"

Nicky,you make me feel like I'm at a festival with your manicure.  I can almost hear those fireworks exploding, incredible work, thanks so much.
nickynailslove

greeneggsandhammie (Pam Alvarez-Karabinos)
"#BobsDiwaliBirthday See something different? I lost a nail last night, and took them all down. Now I really am sporting nubbies! But I see it as a way to show nubbies (and small nail girls too!) some #nailart love!"

You are a star!  These short nails look great and I adore everything you did, the colours, the stamp and that stud you added. Thank you Pam.
Pam Alvarez-Karabinos

PreciousPearlMakeup
"Firecrackers..."

Free-hand never fails to impress me (I can't do it) and this is one of the most beautiful examples I've seeen.  Those colours just POP! Thank you Precious.
PreciousPearlMakeup

PcontrerasEightnails (Priscilla Contreras)
"Happy Birthday Bob and Happy Diwali!
Hello friends! First, I would like to say Happy Birthday to my dear friend Roberta! I send you lots of love and hope your special day is full of happiness and cake!
I also wanted to wish everyone a Happy Diwali! What is Diwali you ask? Diwali is a Hindu festival of lights, held in the period of October to November. It is particularly associated with Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity, and marks the beginning of the fiscal year in India."

Wow, Priscilla, you never fail to amaze me with your work.  I can't actually believe some of this is hand-painted.  You clever lovely girl. xxxXxxx
Priscilla Contreras


Cutenails  (Puja Khanna Malhotra)
"My Diwali nails #moyoulondon gothic collection 05 #Diwali #nailart #nailartclub #nailartoohlala"

this manicure is amazing Puja, I'd never have thought moyou's gothic collection could lend itself so perfectly to Diwali.  Thanks for letting me share this <3
puja_cutenails 

San-tie Nails (my San)

"Happy birthday my best lovely friend!!!

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx"


San, you amazing wonderful girl.  It is my absolute pleasure to work with you.  You have amazing taste and perfect technique.  I am so happy we met. Here you can find details of our manicure together. <3
San-tie Nails






Tales of Coffee, Lacquer and Beauty
"Happy Diwali and Happy Birthday @roberta_wilko ! This mani means alot to me since it not only celebrates Diwali bit also my amazing friend Roberta's Diwali birthday which is supposed to be super lucky for her! The base is @ilnpbrand Iconic stamped with @mundodeunas polishes and @tisofia plates!"


Oh Wow, Sumeet, I love the colours of this sooooo much over that holographic polish, thanks sweetie,  I adore it.
Tales of Coffee, Lacquer and Beauty

Thalia 
"Para el último #octubrerosa #onwednesdayswewearpink #enoctubreusamosrosa hice el #gradient que tanto me gusta!!!! Ademas agregue la #nailaccent con motivo del #bobsdiwalibirthday inspirado en un rangoli que vi Inspired by a rangoli that I saw on the Internet and I love the colors and the pattern so I decided to do :)"

This is the hottest Pink I've seen!!!  I love it  Thank you Thalia.
Thalia 


I am terrified I have left someone off....please let me know if this is the case, and I'll add you straight away <3



18 comments:

  1. Love all of them!! Such a amazing work ♡♡ Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks San, I am so happy with the way this worked out. <3

      Delete
  2. Great blogpost :D and i truly mean it, this was such a good idea and so fun to see so many manicures for this celebration. I already think about how I can do something like this for my birthday. Thank you to Roberta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Kuchen, <3 Thanks so much. xxxXXxx And when is your birthday??? I'd LOVE to do a birthday mani for your blog

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post and I feel honored to be part of this. Such amazing people and mani's together :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, I keep going back and looking at all these manicures, so much hard work from everyone, I'm so proud to share it all.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday. So happy to see pple coming together and contributing to your birthaday wish. This was such a great and inspiring idea. I might "steal" it for my next event. Thank you for askinf me to vontribute which was a grreat experience. They were all so gorgeous ������ ☺ @joshik_nailpride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joshik, I was over the moon to get such a positive response. I'd love to be a part of your event. xxxXXXxx

      Delete
  5. Another happy birthday to you Roberta, and to Happy Diwali festival to all :) This was a brilliant and inclusive idea for a post, and you have executed it beautifully too; an absolute joy to read and see so much gorgeous handiwork in one place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debs, it was so flattering to receive all of these amazing manicures. I'm really happy you enjoyed the post. xxxXxxx

      Delete
  6. Loved all awsome Diwali Nail arts..Happy Birthday Roberta..Hope you had great one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alps, my birthday was fab, I hope you enjoyed the Diwali celebration.

      Delete
  7. Interesting to see all these beautiful and interesting manis! And nice to hear (on facebook) that you had a lovely birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thanks so much Lani, this was such a lovely project for me, and I was so happy with the gorgeous manicures I received. <3

      Delete
  8. It was an honor to be in your party!!! I love all these Diwali Nail arts and I love your blog ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Eleonora, thank you so much sweetheart. I was so proud to share everyone's work. And I ADORE your blog and fb page, so much inspiration <3 Nail Art Stamping Mania <3

      Delete
  9. Hi Joy, Thank you so much for an honor you gave by featuring my Diwali Nailart series on your blog. I am so sorry for commenting so late. I really enjoyed this post a lot and thank you for sharing amazing nailarts by various artist. This was really one of the best Diwali parties. ;-) . Wish you a wonderful time ahead and thanks again for everything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking part Nailfame, It was a fun party, and I was so happy to have your amazing nail series here. And I am sorry for this late reply!!!!!!!!

      Delete