Friday 19 December 2014

Pretty Paisleys

Hello lovelies!

Here is a girly, swirly and fun manicure for you...I am sharing these pretty paisley patterns as a quick break from all the festive madness that takes over this time of year.

Curly cuteness!
This manicure is a design that took me a while to post.  That's because this is actually my third attempt at completing this...and it still isn't perfect! Ah well.

Bottle Shot
I love this amazing full image paisley pattern that born pretty have created.  But to be quite honest, it was beyond my stamping decal abilities.   (The fine detail is sooooo hard to colour)

To make things easier for myself, I isolated a really small section of this image for my decals, and tried my best to colour the pretty paisleys in!

For my accent finger, I reversed the decals by stamping over a "smoosh attack" base (see tutorial at the end of this post).  This meant I only needed to colour the centre of the paisleys white!

Close-up

Base colour:  Sinful Colors, 101 Snow me White
Stamp colour:  Konad Stamping Polish, Black

Tools of the Trade
Decals and Smoosh Colours:
  1. Primark Nail Polish, Unnamed (Pink)
  2. Barry M Nail Paint, NP318 Peach Melba
  3. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, Sugar Apple GNP 21
  4. Rimmel 60 Seconds, 450 Get your Shades On
Stamping plate:  Born Pretty, BP-22
The Decals
Here is the smoosh attack accent finger before I added top coat....don't worry, one coat of clear smoothes out all of these lumps and bumps.
Smoosh Attack

I will definitely use this gorgeous stamping image again, but next time, I'll try it with gradient stamping instead of decals.

Halogen Lighting
Thanks so much for taking the time to  look and read my post <3


1 comment: