Wednesday 27 August 2014

Fish Fingers

Here is another manicure that I've been excited about trying for a while.  Colourful fish on a blue shimmery background.  The outcome was not everything I'd hoped for, but it was great fun using all those fab colours and glitter always makes me smile.

The problem is that my decal technique is not improving!  I find the dotting tool quite tricky to use consistently. Sometimes the polish is too dry and it takes part of the stamp away, sometimes the blob on the end is too big and it takes ages to dry and normally I manage to miss the outlines completely! Sigh, I guess you will be seeing many more practise attempts at this.

Base colour: Rimmel 60 Seconds, 842 Too Cool to Tango
Glitter on tips:  Loose iridescent blue glitter (Ebay mixed set of 12 pots)
Stamp colour: Konad Black
Decals: Rimmel 60 Seconds, 450 Get your Shades On , Rimmel 60 Seconds, 405 Rose Libertine and Primark Nail Polish, unnamed neon orange.
Stamping plate: Moyou London Sailor Collection - 04


Direct sunshine
Fish fingers!!!!
Eeeeek! I hadn't realised the rose had a bee inside!
Tools of the Trade
Indirect sunlight
The glitter gradient base
Aquarium before clean-up!
Halogen lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment