Friday 19 September 2014

Cute Aliens

Today is day Nineteen of September is Stamping Month.  And the theme is "Space / Aliens"
Yet another perfect theme for me!!!!  I haven't successfully used my moyou full image plate and I've been wanting to try again for a while.  There are so many brilliant parts to this plate, it was tough choosing how to get the best bits onto my nails.  In the end, I swatched my favourite parts, cut out each finger and arrange them until I was happy (see photo below).  I mostly managed to stick to the plan!

And, of course, I couldn't resist puting the alien theme over a funky sci-fi background pattern.  So this manicure took longer than most.  I was really happy with the outcome though.

Base colour: Sinful Colors, 300 Easy Going

Base stamp colour: Sinful Colors, 101 Snow me White
Base stamping plate: Moyou London Sci-Fi Collection - 09

Stamp colour: Revlon Colorstay, 290 Midnight (teal)
Stamping plate: Moyou London Sci-Fi Collection - 04


Timer function
Indirect sunlight
Sorry about the background :(
The base stamp
The base tools
Tools of the Trade
This took some planning!
Indirect Sunshine
Halogen lighting

2 comments:

  1. Loving the green and white: it makes it look like an artist's drawing rather than a stamp somehow. The subtle texture of beige and white underneath is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Debz, I was going to stamp with black on white, but I find the contrast so intimidating that I seem to avoid the combination at all costs!!!

      Delete