Thursday 11 September 2014

Notebook Scribbles

The theme is "books" for the eleventh day of September is Stamping Month.  I was going to skip this theme because I don't have any plates with books on them.  Then I realised I had a few images with gorgeous hand-written scripts on them which could just about work with today's theme.

I really needed colour today, so I did not take the obvious monochrome approach.  This was my first opportunity to use my new Ciate polish, and I thought a soft pink stamping polish would compliment it.  Sadly, I did not do this Ciate polish justice.  In real life it shifts from purple to green, apparently this  effect is duochrome.

Base colour: Primark Nail Polish, unnamed purple
Base Shimmer: Ciate Paint Pots Nail Polish, PP037 Starlet
Stamp colour: Home mixed Konad in soft pink
Stamping plate: Moyou London Princess Collection - 12
Ring finger:  Moyou London Princess Collection - 11
Middle finger:  Moyou London Pro Collection XL - 07

Indirect sunlight
Under halogen lighting
With flash
Tools of the Trade
Amazing polish
Bottle shot

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I really like the pink over it. So does the Konad do well even after it's mixed to give you a colour? I imagine it took so little pink polish in the Konad white that it's unnoticeable. Is that the case? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debz! I had about 1/3 old konad white left and added 1/2 bottle of Loreal Color Riche, 403 Femme Fatale (in stages). The konad white is such a strongly pigmented polish, it takes a lot to colour it. I tested it first (http://robertawilko.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/stamping-polish-experiment.html) and wanted it to be pinker, so added more red. The consistency became that of a brand new konad polish. It seems just as opaque and works just as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know :) When mine is nearly done, I'll have to have a go at something similar.

      Delete